Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ipod - A Love Story

So for a long long long time I've thought ipod's were pretty cool but grossly overpriced. I mean really, it just plays music and shows pictures...well okay so my new one plays video too (more on that in a minue) but still. I had bought a Creative Labs Zen Xtra off ebay in January for pretty cheap compared to an ipod. It did the same things as an ipod (at that time) and had as much room for songs on it.

I thought I had beaten the system. I was one up on society. I had an mp3 player that worked just fine. It was white. It had a large screen, and held 30 GB of music. I was hip. I even bought one for Christopher so he could be cool and hip. IPODS be damned, we were doing what everyone else was doing, just not as expensive.

Then........

the video ipod came out. I went to the ipod store and saw one, and I couldn't resist, I had to have it. Imagine being able to catch up on tv shows or movies while laying down with Noah at night. Imagine going on the plane with 3 Manchester United games to watch. amazing stuff.

Now you can't keep me off of itunes. I am looking everyday for stuff to listen to while I work. Mostly classical music, since I can't really listen to music with words in it while I work - its too distracting.

So the moral of the story, kids, is that the ipod video is a very cool think indeed. Go get one now. Before you chastise yourself for being without one for too long. you'll be glad you did!

No comments: