Monday, August 11, 2008

8 Seconds Left in Overtime.....

So im making some progress in my 'issue' that's been bugging me. It helps too when life is good to you and gives you some excitement to help you forget the down times. Looks like I may be getting a new job soon (fingers crossed) and its really exciting for me! More to come on that when things finally start to happen, dont want to jinx it. I've had a pretty good week and used some tools from the book to make some bleak days be better, but yesterday was another bad day for me.

i've done some journaling exercises recommended to me in a book im reading and its kind of a hokey thing but the results are suprising. The author gives you some sentence stems and you have to complete it with 4-5 endings. Its kind of a grown up version of that game you might have played when you were a kid, you know where you'd get asked something like "When I grow up I want to be..." and you had to write down 5 things and then share it with the class. These are more personal questions and much harder to answer sometimes. The author suggests that if you get stuck to invent an answer even if its not true, but I find sometimes even that is hard to do.

So the one thing about self-help books and me is this: sometimes i need the ton of bricks dumped on my head before i get it. Not all the time or with any subject, but when you're trying to dive into your innards and surface with something meaningful - what do you do when you're stuck and repeated dives dont give you any answers? That's kind of where I am. I KNOW what is bugging me, I KNOW there have been others with the same problem, and i KNOW there has to be a way to fix it....the solution is just evading me at the mo. I guess Im too impatient. : )

I've been listening to The Fray a lot lately. Their song Over My Head is kind of becoming my theme song these days. I feel really overwhelmed with a lot of stuff, work, life, sadness....im hoping that it wont be long i can listen to that song and think "i used to think this song was me". But for now, I do feel like Im in over my head.

Other topics - Im totally loving working out and working with the personal trainer. I lost 7 pounds the first 2 weeks, but the last 2 weeks I actually gained 3 lbs. we crunched the numbers and did the measurements and its ok - i lost some fat and gained some muscle. So even though i went up in weight by 3 lbs, my body fat percentage is less. Again, Im just being impatient! I want all this flab off my gut (yeah, its there trust me).

My sister comes to visit in September, im really looking forward to seeing her again after about a year and a half!

And isn't it almost College Football season? I can't wait, bring it!

No comments: