Monday, June 09, 2008

Learning


So with much time to think while i'm running, I frequently come up with my 'musings' and ponder on them. I mean what else is there to do when you're spending 35-40 mins just jogging?

My most recent revelation is that Im a good number 2, but not such a good number 1. What does that mean? Well i think im pretty good at excelling when i have rules to go by, defined boundaries and guidelines to follow. But when I have to be the one making up the rules or the boundaries and guidelines i tend to second guess myself too much to be effective. Some people are natural leaders. Some people are natural leader 'support'. I think that's the place where I fall. I can do the leading thing and do it ok, but im not a 'super' leader.

And I think im ok with that. Im not out to be a CEO or anything, I dont want to own my own business. But sometimes that 'number 2' thing can become a bit of a problem in my personal life. Like I can't really pin down what my 'plans' are going to be in the next few days, weeks, months, etc. I dont think that far ahead , im not a true visionary, either personally or professionally. Time to invest some thought into how to make my personal life a little more #1-ish than #2-ish.

No comments: