Monday, June 30, 2008

Ketchup (catch up)

I got back from St Louis last week and stopped on the way home by ye olde mailbox to gather a week's worth of junkmail, and then proceeded to my driveway. When I got close I punched the button on my garagedoor opener and proceeded to back into my driveay and up to the garage door. when I turned my head around to steer myself in, the garage door was still closed. "Weird", i thought.

So i punched the button again thinking it just hadn't picked it up the first time. The door started to go DOWN....what the?!?! So i punched it again and watched, it did go up bot only about 1/4 of the way and then it stopped. What is going on? Bad part is I had lent my key out to my dad so i didnt have it to get in the front door. nope, i had to 'indiana jones' it and slide under the 1/4 of the way open garage door.

....and there was the problem. snapped coil spring on the door. Bet that was a monster to hear when it broke! So i've got a dude coming out today to fix it. Parking in the driveway in this heat is torture. I dont see how everyone else does it, i melt like the guy at the end of raiders of the lost ark when i climbed into it all weekend. its dead hot here.

I also saw that movie Wall-E. i usually like pixar movies, but this one was a little different. First off, much of the movie contains no dialog, just wall-e and eve doing their thing. Its amazing to me how someone can A. visualize such a story and B. animate it without live action. I guess there's a methodology they use and scripting tools and whatnot, but i certainly bow down to their abilities as much more clever than mine. It was a great movie, very touching and sweet. Pixar, you've done it again.

I've also been on Facebook recently and gotten in touch with not only old friends, but have made some new ones as well, so to all of you coming here from there, howdy.

No comments: