Friday, June 06, 2008

Paging Dr Oppenheimer


So this is me today. I had an injection of radio-active phosphorous material so that they can do a bone scan later today and see what my bones are doing. The injection went easily enough, I didnt have any issues with that. But after I removed the gauze-pad-and-tape they give you after a shot, I noticed a really dark bloody lump under the skin. I'll have to ask them if its ok or if that is something to worry about. Dont want a blood clot!

The guy that gave me the injection said to make sure I drank lots of fluids to disperse the material in my body really well, and then to make sure I urinate a lot to dispose of the bits that didnt get absorbed. Wonder if my pee will glow in the dark? I promise NOT to post a picture of it if it does.

No comments: